Sunday, August 2, 2009

Higher Education Decision: Computer Science or IT or other(must be related to comuter Technology)?

So, now that I've completed my Higher Education I'll be opting for a University but I just cant decide which field to choose, BCS or BIT. Whats confusing my decision is the fact that I want to be a game developer/ Robotics Engineer. Its like this, I am very much interested in MS Visual Studio C# language, C++ through which there is a broad development spectrum of game development/ hardware development etc but i'm mostly facinated on things like game %26amp; Robotics development via softwares. My confusion further increases when I c theoretical courses in as i'm not good at theories but practical, which involves a person's creativity directly, since I got 100% marks in Physics Practical, 70% marks in Chemistry Practical(not interested in chem though), 80% marks in Maths(get bored with deep maths, but overall good @ maths); though i'm not good @ boring old theories of Science but extremely good @ practical aspects. P.S Robotics Engineering is not available in my country %26amp; cant go to Japan

Higher Education Decision: Computer Science or IT or other(must be related to comuter Technology)?
If theoretical isn't your strength (but practical is), then computer science may not be a good choice. It's all about theory.





IT might be all right, as it's more practical than CS. However, is computer engineering available in your country? That might be a good compromise between the theoretical and the practical. Engineering in general tends to focus on the practical, so it might be a good fit for you.





And if you want to be a game designer, and computer science isn't the right fit, then you actually need to major in software engineering quite specifically. Is this available to you?

flower pots

No comments:

Post a Comment