Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to use parameters in visual studio to combine different fields?

I know how to insert single parameters. Example: if I want to see only dept. A items, or see only dept. B items, or see only dept. C items, or if I want to see all groups combined, I know how to add the parameters so they show up in the drop down box, but I don't know how to see dept A and dept C combined without dept B.


Basically what I'm looking for is how to select in my view either dept A, dept B, dept C, dept A and C combined, and dept B and C combined. The usual code I use in the parameter dataset is select distinct label = dept, value = dept from table X , with a union statement so I have an 'All' category, but this doesn't let me combine the depts unless I use all the depts. Can anyone help?!?

How to use parameters in visual studio to combine different fields?
SELECT *


FROM Tablename


WHERE Tablename.YourValue IN ('value1','value2','value3')








value1 value2 and value3 would be your multiple departments.

survey results

No comments:

Post a Comment