Monday, May 24, 2010

Created a Windows Service app, but it won't show in the Services listing?

I am creating a Windows Service in Visual Studio 2003, C#, .NET version 1.1. The application compiles OK, but when I try to install it on my Windows XP PC to test it, the new service does not display in the listing of available services (Admin Tools%26gt; Services).





I have tried refreshing the list and rebooting my PC. I have installed the service with both the Installutil command and by creating a setup project. Both install approaches ran fine, gave no errors, and said the service was installed. It even shows up under the Add and Remove Programs listing... just not in the Services listing.





Anybody encountered this before and know how to fix it?

Created a Windows Service app, but it won't show in the Services listing?
2 great .NET sites are:





www.gotdotnet.com


http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/





I'm sure you'll be able to find the proper resources on one of these sites.
Reply:Try googling it. It usually helps me.


No comments:

Post a Comment