Monday, May 24, 2010

A question about c++ and opengl?

I have learned c++ basics but i think i need to know what is a buffer so:


1.I need someone to explain to me what a buffer is and when we use it.


2.I want to start using opengl but i know nothing about it..... I use visual studio 2005 .... Is there anything i need to download before i start using opengl through visual studio?.... I need to


know how to open a new project and how to add the the libraries i need....


Is it a an advanced level to start making programs that have simple graphics... you know, like using buttons instead of writing commands and so on?


After you help me with the previous things, can you recommend a good tutorial to help me understand opengl... if not, is there a book instead of a tutorial?





NOTE: I use visual studio not visual basic.... Online tutorials helps you create opengl projects in visual basic!!


THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

A question about c++ and opengl?
This looks like a good step-by-step tutorial for using OpenGL with visual studio 2005. http://www.cse.msu.edu/~cse872/tutorial1...





A "buffer" is a reserved segment of memory. For example, simply declaring a C++ array allocates a buffer. There are also different types of buffer classes that do different things. Some applications have sophisticated ways of using buffers to optimize performance. You'll need to be more specific in the type of information you're seeking about buffer.


No comments:

Post a Comment