Monday, May 24, 2010

Debug Assertion Failed! Error.. PLEASE HELP!?

I've recently ran into this problem and after researching both online and the Microsoft website i find myself very confused and unable to solve the problem. It occurs when using my yahoo messenger. I get the following message:





Debug Assertion Failed!





Program:C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.ex...


File: c\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\list


Line:776





Expression: list erase iterator outside range





For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure,


see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.





(Press Retry to debug the application)





ABORT ------ RETRY ------- IGNORE





After hitting Retry it closes completely out of yahoo. Could you please offer me some type of assistance.. Ive racked my brain today trying to figure it out. Ive deleted and reinstalled my yahoo, checked and made sure i had all the current updates, i even ran several registry clean ups trying to fix it. and nothing seems to work.





I'd really really appreciate your help as soon as you can get back with me. Thanks again, Derek

Debug Assertion Failed! Error.. PLEASE HELP!?
This sounds like some sort of compilation error,but it would be on the machine where the code was compiled (ie:at the Yahoo end) so I can't understand why you are getting the error.


I would suggest that you do a general clean up by deleting temporary files,cleaning internet history,run adware and spyware scans etc and because you need visual basic runtime files to run this sort of application search Microsoft site for a service pack for visual basic 6.(I think the file would be called vbrun60sp6.exe or similar) this will ensure that you have the latest runtime files for applications that use visual basic.


hope this helps

customer satisfaction survey

No comments:

Post a Comment