Monday, May 24, 2010

How can I setup a dual boot configuration with Vista and XP?

Im sure youre aware of this-- but windows vista sucks. I like the interface of it, but thats all it has. I want to still keep it since its slowly getting better (especially since microsoft final released a vista compatible version of the XNA studio for visual c#), but I want to get XP back so I can still use it when vista is doing something stupid. I tried to install XP after my vista upgrade and it wouldnt let me because vista is the newer version. I know that its possible to dual boot xp and vista because people are doing it... but I think they may have been using xp and added vista and not the other way around like im trying to do.


Is there any way to just add xp without removing vista first.. or am I destine to be stuck with vista forever?

How can I setup a dual boot configuration with Vista and XP?
no i dont think that you can do this.. you definitely need to remove vista first..
Reply:yes you can do a dual boot with xp/vista, it is not stable at the moment. I have XP pro and vista 64 and ended up repartitioning my hard drives. The simple way is install xp on a newly created partition of a blank machine give it 50 gb then switch to vista and do the same. Currently if vista sees the xp partition and certain file versions it tries to load some of them with disastrous consequences.


You can do it the other way around but you need to have blank space which you can turn into a partition dedicated for xp. also if you are going to run programs you will have to install them separatly on different partitions.





Use this guide;


http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista...


No comments:

Post a Comment